Tuesday 15 May 2012

Ten on Tuesday: cousins & naps


1. I had a wonderful time at Center Parcs with the Wests. Here's a quick summary, in pictures...




(Typical Westbaby pose, while saying "look, look, look" at everything)






2. In a soft play area there, a little girl approached me and asked if Westbaby had toes. I'm not quite sure why she was doubting that he did, but she seemed to be genuinely puzzled by it. 

3. I was showing Westboy herbs in the yard, and asking him what they smelt like. Mint: that smells like toothpaste. Lemon thyme: that smells like lemons. Sage: that smells like men.

4. Rather than the traditional "woof woof", Westbaby has decided that dogs say "bark bark".

5. I don't tend to say or write much about breastfeeding (unless asked), even though it's an important part of my life right now and one I feel strongly about. Several good friends haven't breastfed, for a variety of good reasons, and I don't want to make people feel awkward. However, having read this blog post, I feel like I need to stick my hand up and say "yeah, me! I'm breastfeeding my 16 month old". Having gone through months of intense pain, blocked ducts, recurrent mastitis, and even a scan at the Linda McCartney centre to try to work out what on earth was wrong, it's now relatively unproblematic and I'm in no hurry to stop. I am pretty selective about where I'll breastfeed away from home (although Westbaby sticking his hand down my top while screaming at the top of his lungs draws far more attention to us than quietly snuggling up for a feed). I dont know how much longer i'll continue: i can't wean him onto cows milk like you usually would, and don't think he'd be too impressed with horrid-tasting prescription formula ...and actually (most of the time!) I feel happy & blessed to be able to breastfeed.

6. Another child has started at nursery with the same name as Westboy. I wasn't expecting that to happen!

7. A theology of naps. Brilliant. :-)

8. Wouldn't drive through pharmacies be good??? The last thing you need when you have a sick child is to hang around getting prescriptions sorted. (Although ASDA pharmacy is amazingly friendly & helpful).

9. Am I the only one who didn't know about the Care at the Chemist scheme?!? It's especially good for us as I get free prescriptions because of my thyroid (not sure how long for... I'm sure the government will change that soon!)

10. These 'invitations to play' are inspiring & BRILLIANT.

There are more ten-on-tuesdays here: Sarah, Jo, Lucy, Hannah, & Laura.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment